ADVANTAGES OF DOING BUSINESS WITH PREINSA IN COSTA RICA
PREINSA operates under the Free Trade Zone of Costa Rica. This allows PREINSA to provide a product at very competitive price points and allows the entire customs process to be expedited. The products of the free zones in Costa Rica reach the markets of the United States, Chile, China, Mexico, Caribbean, Europe and Central America, Canada, and China, under the established preferential trade agreements.
Costa Rica has been successful in its integration into the global economy because of having:
- An educated and productive workforce
- A positive cost-benefit relationship
- Solid infrastructure
- Good business environment
- A government committed to the development of the economy.
- Excellent and varied business platforms and export services: Costa Rica is a platform for preferential access to 1/3 of the world's population, and 2/3 of the global GDP.
- 87% of goods exported are performed under preferential trade agreements.
- A convenient time zone and many flights and connections to the United States and Europe
Costa Rica has great advantages for businesses that wish to outsource product manufacturing to the country, as it has a good infrastructure, air and sea transportation, an educated and skilled workforce, and also a very stable and business friendly government.
Costa Rica’s commitment to developing its workforce is paramount. Eight (8) percent of the Costa Rican GDP is invested into education services. The country has been able to achieve international standards with regard to the protection of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) and is ranked second in Latin America in the Political Stability and Absence of Violence Index (Worldwide Governance Indicators, World Bank, 2012).