PREINSA was established in the year 2000 by its founder Mr. Jesus Serrano Prado, who had the expertise and initiative to develop high-precision machined components in Costa Rica. Mr. Prado has poured his 60 plus years of precision manufacturing experience into PREINSA ‘s tenured staff to allow PREINSA to become one of the most renowned precision metal manufacturers in Costa Rica.
In 2012, PREINSA received its free trade zone status as a precision metals manufacturer. This strategic decision allows PREINSA to deliver finished products to its customers and receive raw materials from its suppliers on a most advantageous basis from a duty and tax perspective. PREINSA was the first precision metal manufacturer to make this decision thus offering its’ customers reduced cost. This decision also paved the way for PREINSA to expand its market footprint to the United States and Europe.
In 2013 Doug Duffy, an American business man, and Marco Perez, a Costa Rican business man, purchased PREINSA with the strategic mindset of expanding PREINSA’s quality manufacturing services to a broader market. Immediately new ownership invested in the INTE/ISO-9001 certification and continued the PREINSA tradition of upgrading its technology and equipment. Please see our Production and Technology section for more information.
To provide our customers with the highest value for their business, with the mass production of high precision-machined parts in an environment that encourages comprehensive development of our employees.
To be recognized as a company that is committed to the general wellbeing of our customers, collaborators, community and shareholders.
- Integrity: Doing what we believe is correct within the context of our mission, vision and values.
- Service: Motivation to seek the best possible result for those whom we serve.
- Teamwork: To develop an environment that fosters collaboration and respect to others towards the achievement of common success.
- Initiative: We actively seek opportunities for improvement.
- Quality: Quality is not controlled or supervised it is produced.